Friday, August 13, 2010

Irene


Soft-spoken and tender, Irene, from Austria, with the cool blue eyes, dark hair and red lipstick, is all about the music. We were in the same large group the first week, and we also performed some of my tunes together during both weeks. Irene also likes to win in ping pong (as do I) so it was nice to discover other friends who enjoyed being competitive but could still have fun with it. Irene kindly offered to let me do my laundry at her place, since there was a long line of people waiting for the machine at mine. When I found out about my grandma's death, Irene was quick to leave the dinner table just as the food was being served to spend time with me so I wouldn’t have to go through it alone. She was happy when I asked her to play three of my tunes with me – Midnight at Monteton, If You Only Knew and Lullaby. She really loves rehearsing, loved the music and plays with such heart. When it was time to say good-bye, she gave me a big hug and sweetly said “I like you!” I like her, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment